Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
e7 Health is a preventative health and wellness company that has significantly expanded – we have much to accomplish and need your help to make it happen! We believe our success begins with our highly qualified and motivated staff and we are searching for outgoing, driven individuals who are looking for a long-term career with a team they love. Our company offers great health, vision, and dental benefits with room for advancement. We understand that our service is not only measured by the way we take care of patients but also by the way we take care of everyone we work with. All of us at e7 Health encourage and foster within each other the desire to demand, achieve, and ultimately, deliver excellence.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic, and hard-working individual to fill the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position.
The LPN works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN), Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), and the Medical Director. This position is a combination of front and back office duties including but not limited to; checking in patients, educating and screening patients before administering vaccines, drawing blood, answering phone calls, and more. Experience in administering vaccines and drawing blood is a plus but not required. We will provide on the job training!
- Check in patients and prepare charts,
- Process patient payments,
- Screen and educate patients prior to vaccination,
- Administer vaccines,
- Administer and read TB skin tests,
- Draw blood for testing,
- Prepare rooms for patients,
- Take and record vital signs,
- Conduct EKG,
- Communicate with medical and office staff,
- Answer phone calls, and,
- Complete administrative duties as needed.
Skills / Requirements
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license in the state of Nevada, in good standing
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card from an AHA certified training center and current CPR Card
- Must be able to type a minimum of 45 WPM (Candidate will be required to complete a typing test if chosen for an interview).
- Current driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Able to actively listen and employ information received
- Able to maintain professionalism and customer focus in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Able to multi-task while ensuring accuracy and adherence to policies and procedures
- Able to receive and provide ongoing coaching, guidance, and constructive feedback
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
If you meet all of the skills/requirements listed above and believe you are the best candidate for this position, we encourage you to apply!